Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Netbean is not closing port 1527 ???

Environment
Windows 7, Netbean 7.0.1
I downloaded Netbean 7.0.1 bundle with Glassfish 3.1. But I removed Glassfish 3.1 from Netbean IDE and then I choose to "Add server" from service tab in Netbean IDE because I haveGlassfish 3.1 Multilingual version in my C drive.
Right after I added the Glassfish server, I can start it by right click on my project and run the server.
However when I close the Netbean IDE and restart the IDE and try to run the server by right click on my project, execute the project, the log says server is starting but it hangs there and the server won't start.
I made sure the port is not occupied too. (if occupied it should say so in the log but log does not throw any errors)
So my question is do I have to remove the server, add server every time I start Netbean when I don't use bundled Glassfish? (most likely not though..)
repro step:
1. install Netbean 7.0.1
2. from IDE service tab, right click on Glassfish3.1 and remove it.
3. at service tab, right click and choose add server
4. choose Glassfish 3.1 server that is separately downloaded (i.e. not bundled)
5. go back to project tab, choose to run the project
6. verify that project successfully deployed, Glassfish 3.1 is started, browser popup up.
7. close Netbean 7.0
8. start Netbean 7.0
9. at the project tab, choose to run the project 
result:
The glassfish 3.1 won't start.
I found out the db log is showing port 1527 is in use (couldn't figure out at first because Netbean Japanese version has encoding issue)
2011-12-12 04:21:38.040 GMT : セキュリティーマネージャーが Basic サーバーセキュリティーポリシーを使用してインストールされました。
2011-12-12 04:21:38.263 GMT : Apache Derby Network Server - 10.5.3.0 - (802917) ????μ∑?????????????????? 1527 ???????∂?????????????????∫??????????‰∫?????????????

The above DB log output in English locale is:
Could not listen on port 1527 on host localhost: 
 java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
Basically having same issue as:
see if i can modify domain.xml to use different port than 1527..


1 comment: